Participate in the 2014 annual meeting by applying to be an official Blog Correspondent!
Blog Correspondents will help attendees catch up on events they missed, and provide insights into the meeting for those who couldn’t make it to Chicago. Apply to blog in a specific category below or suggest your own angle for coverage. Some categories may have multiple correspondents. All correspondents who complete at least 3 postings will receive 3 AHIP points for their participation.
Applications will be accepted through September 30 via http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/FLTS5B7. Contact Rachel Walden (rachel dot walden, vanderbilt dot edu) if you have questions.
- Distinguished Member (10+ years): Posts from the perspective of an experienced MLA member/librarian, including observed changes and the long view on the profession and the meeting.
- Early Riser: Posts on events that take place prior to 9 a.m., such as Sunrise Seminars, the YBP Health Walk, the New Members Program, and other events.
- Exhibits Correspondent: Posts bringing attention to resources of interest in the Exhibit Hall, including first-time exhibitors.
- First Timer: Posts from the perspective of a first-time annual meeting attendee; could include experiences with events and services such as the New Members Program and Colleague Connection, or other topics.
- Library Student: Posts from the perspective of a current library science student; could include topics such as the intersection of what you are seeing at MLA with what you’re learning at school, the job market and Recruitment Center, or other topics of interest to future medical librarians.
- Lifelong Learner: Posts on what you’re learning at the meeting; at least one post must be on a CE course taken at the 2014 Annual Meeting.
- MLA Activities Blogger: Posts on official MLA activities; at least one post must be on an MLA business meeting (non-section).
- National Library of Medicine Blogger: Posts on NLM activities and programming, such as the NLM Update and NLM Theater schedule and programming.
- Plenary Session Blogger: Posts reporting on the content of plenary sessions.
- Section Blogger: Posts on section-sponsored programs, papers and posters by section members or relevant to the section focus, business meetings, incoming/outgoing officers, and other activities. Applicants should indicate their desired section; preference will be given to current or past section members.
- Special Interest Group Blogger: Posts reporting on Special Interest Group activities, including sponsored programs, papers and posters by SIG members or relevant to the SIG focus, SIG meetings, and other activities. Applicants should indicate their desired SIG; preference will be given to current or past SIG members.
- Social Butterfly: Posts on social events.
- Choose Your Own Adventure: Have an idea for a theme for which you can contribute at least three blog posts? Suggest it in the application!