If you missed it in person, be sure to check out ICS’s programs on M-Health and Information Innovations. Gupreet Rana, the incoming chair of ICS, moderated some amazing talks on a variety of projects. Dana Abbey from the Health Sciences Library at the University of Colorado and NN/LM MidContinental region presented her work with her colleagues on providing internet access to members of the community without or with limited access. She and her team demonstrated how providing a more mobile access to the internet had an impact health in the community and for public health initiatives. Elizabeth Norton from the Disaster Information Management Research Center at the NLM showcased their work in mobile apps and support in terms of disaster health information. In particular she highlighted the work they have done in Central and South America. Finally, the talks ended with Julia Royall’s presentation on her and her colleagues work in Africa. In particular she demonstrated how empowering it can be to provide the tools to local community members so that they can carry out their own projects with mobile technology. She emphasized the importance of sustainability, practicality, involvement, and demonstrable results in m-health projects. Her efforts with communities on taking on the challenge of malaria made for an excellent discussion on how to make a lasting impact on global health. A wonderful program with wonderful presentations, it was a pleasure to attend!
- Recap: ICS 25th Birthday & MLA’14 | International Cooperation Section (ICS) on Be sure to listen to the ICS program if you missed it in person!
- Recap: ICS 25th Birthday & MLA’14 | International Cooperation Section (ICS) on Talking with ICS: Open Forum and Dining Circles
- Amanda McNeil on Opportunities in the Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) Stricter Literature Search Guidelines
- Melissa Ratajeski on Opportunities in the Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) Stricter Literature Search Guidelines
- Rachel Walden on MLA is Winding Down, but the Quint Chapter Meeting Submission Deadline is Coming Up!
awards bloggers business meetings calls for participation CE community service contests Educational Media and Technologies Section flipped meeting food Friday May 16 grants and scholarships instructions International Cooperation Section jobs lgbt libraries Library Student Perspective local assistance committee Medical Library Group of Southern California and Arizona Monday May 19 Morning Activities museums networking new members NLM Northern California and Nevada Medical Group parks Party with a Purpose posters Programs Relevant Issues Section Saturday May 17 scholarship fund shopping Silent Auction Social events South Central Chapter Sunday May 18 Sunrise Seminars technology things to do in Chicago Thursday May 15 Tuesday May 20 Twitter