Let the Browsing Begin!!!
MLA 2014 Party with a Purpose Silent and Live Auction Items are up!
(Online bidding is not available).
The National Program Committee has had a generous response from individuals, libraries, MLA Sections and Chapters, and vendors! The auction items donated as of May 9 are listed on the website. Starting May 17 with the opening of the exhibits, bidding sheets will be with each Silent Auction Item and the Silent Auction will be near Registration. The Live Auction at the Party with a Purpose on Tuesday, May 20 (must have a ticket to party to bid) will be around 8:15 with our fantastic auctioneer Clinton “Marty” Thompson, Jr., AHIP, coming out of retirement to lead the bidding.
Live Auction items are:
- Hyatt gift card $200 – Hyatt Fulfillment of Maryland
- Kindle and trial access to Scopus – Elsevier
- Limited edition 12-inch fine art ($495 value) print from artist’s portfolio – Thomas Fallon Photography
- One Paid Registration with guaranteed spot ($500 value) to University of Pittsburgh’s HSLS Systematic Review Workshop – Health Science Library System, University of Pittsburgh
- One room, two-night hotel stay ($800 value) – Manhattan Midtown East – Public Services Section
Check back as additional items may be added!
NOTE the following!
- Closing Bids for some Silent Auction items will be taken at 10:30 am on MONDAY, May 19.
- Closing Bids for the rest of the Silent Auction items will be taken at 10:30 am on Tuesday, May 20.
If you are the winning bidder, plan to pay for your item and pick it up no later than Tuesday, May 20 at 4 pm!! Cash, checks and Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover will be accepted for payment.
Current donations from Sections for bragging rights are between:
- History of the Health Sciences Section of the Medical Library Association
- Hospital Libraries Section of the Medical Library Association
- International Cooperation Section of the Medical Library Association
- Public Services Section of the Medical Library Association
Current donations from Chapters for bragging rights are between:
- Midwest Chapter/MLA
- Northern California and Nevada Medical Library Group/MLA
Current donations from Libraries for bragging rights are between:
- University of Minnesota Health Sciences Libraries
- Health Science Library System, University of Pittsburgh
Current donations from Vendors for bragging rights are between:
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- Matthews Medical Books
- Scopus – Elsevier
- Wolper Information Services
Which MLA Section or Chapter, Library, or Vendor will come out on top and be listed in the MLA Focus and MLA News? Only your bids will make the decision.
[Thanks to Julia M. Esparza and Erinn Aspinall, Co-chairs, Party with a Purpose Committee, of the 2014 National Program Committee for providing this information!]