MLA conference attendees who will be arriving in Chicago on Thursday, May 15 or Friday, May 16 are invited to join us for a Dine-Around. A Dine-Around is a casual dining experience with fellow MLA Conference attendees who want to enjoy a nice meal and interesting conversation. We have made reservations for groups of 8 (including the host) at several local restaurants. To sign up for a Dine-Around, visit the Hospitality Booth (across from the registration desk in the Hyatt). Hospitality Booth hours are 4:00-7:00 PM on Thursday and 7:00 AM – 7:00 PM on Friday. Signup sheets with the restaurant and the assigned host’s name will be available there.
All reservations are for 7:00 PM. Restaurants are within walking distance of the Hyatt, except for Greek Islands which is a short cab ride away. Diners should meet the hosts in the Hospitality Booth area at 6:30 PM; groups will walk/cab together to the restaurants. For more information on the menus and locations, please consult the list below.
For other dining options, don’t forget to consult the MLA ’14 Restaurant Guide:
- Russian Tea Time, 77 East Adams Street
- Giordano’s Pizza – Prudential Plaza/Millennium Park, 135 E. Lake St.
- Francesca’s Italian Restaurant, 200 E. Chestnut Street, Suite C 100
- Weber Grill, 539 N. State Street
- Greek Islands, 200 South Halsted Street
- Davanti Enoteca, 30 E. Hubbard St.
- Gaylord Indian Restaurant, 100 E Walton Street
- Anna’s Asian Bistro & Sushi Bar, 813 W Lake St
- The Gage, 24 S. Michigan Ave.
- The Park Grill, 11 N Michigan Ave
[Thanks to Andrea Twiss-Brooks for providing this information!]